Leaf Vacuum/Mulcher (Walk-Behind)
Cub Cadet CSV 070
Chipper/Shredder/Vacuum retails for ~$639 plus tax. Rent it from us for as little as $50.
- Gas-powered (provided with full tank)
- 24 inch vacuum width
- Cast aluminum impeller mulches leaves to 1/8th original size (8 bags of leaves reduced to 1 bag)
- 7' onboard vacuum hose with 3' extension
- Onboard chipper with 1.5" capacity
- Adjustable height
- 2 bushel collection bag
Looking for a cheaper option?
Looking for Full Service?
Frequently Asked Questions (if your question is not addressed here, check the bottom of the home page)
- Is a deposit required prior to the start of this service? There are some unfortunate realities to modern society that we need to protect ourselves from, so we do require a pre-authorization on a credit or debit card of your choosing in the amount of $200. This is simply a hold on that account, but no money is actually withdrawn. Upon completion of service, that hold will be removed and you'll pay using your preferred means (cash, venmo, debit, or credit).
- Is this the best thing since sliced bread that'll make leaf cleanup enjoyable? Um, no. There's no sugar-coating it....leaf cleanup sucks and the only way it'll ever be enjoyable is if somebody else did it for us for free. What this machine does is save you some time and physical pain. It also significantly reduces the number of trash bags that you have to fill thanks to the impeller's 8:1 reduction ratio.
- How long does it take? For some customers this is not much different than simply mowing the lawn, taking a little bit longer due to a slower bag-emptying process. But realistically every property is different. Few trees, many trees, small trees, large trees, dry leaves, wet leaves. Can this vacuum/shredder be used to pick up all of the leaves, or are there areas where it can't go that will require other leaf removal means (raking, leaf blowing, etc.)? Strictly concerning the time required to pick up leaves using this vacuum/shredder, a very rough planning factor that you can use is 37 sqft per minute. Figure out how many sqft of area you need to clear, divide by 37, and that MIGHT get you in the ballpark of how long the job will take you (in minutes). We have to be careful about making promises, so that's why we say "might". Any time required to clear leaves using other means (leaf blowing, raking, etc.) would need to be added to this estimate. If unsure about how long of an appointment to book, we would prefer that you err on the high side as we can't guarantee the ability to extend an appointment.
- What are the negatives of this machine? You won't be able to just zip up and down your yard and VOILA! You'll have to stop periodically to empty the bag, and the bag is a bit large and bulky (which necessitates multiple connection points to the machine) so it's not a quick dump and go. You get the hang of it pretty quick though, so this becomes less of a negative after the first couple of times emptying the bag. Another possible "negative" is really Earth's fault. Yards are never perfectly flat. And since the vacuum tube is at the front of the machine (ahead of the wheels), there's a tendency if you have the machine set to a low setting for the vacuum tube to get hung up on stuff that protrudes higher than the tube itself (sprinkler heads, dirt mounds, paver stones, etc.). So you have to push the machine always aware of what's along your vacuum path. The height adjustment of the machine is also a manual process that is done at the front wheels. So you can't adjust the height "on the fly" (as you're pushing the machine). You have to pick a height, do your thing, and stop to readjust if needed. Lastly, it doesn't eliminate every single dust particle. Some leaf dust is gonna find its way onto you here and there. Nothing some safety glasses and a dust mask doesn't fix if grinning and bearing it isn't your thing, but you should be aware of that going in.
- How long will the full tank of gas last? Approximately 2 hours, give or take a few minutes. If you run out of gas and need more, that will be your responsibility.
- Do I have to refill the gas tank when I'm done with it? No. Don't worry about that.
- What is the "adjustable" nature of the rake add-on? The rake is 63" long, and features an adjustable folding head that can be set to anywhere between 7" to 22" wide. That adjustability allows for versatile use in space-constrained places. For example, if you need to rake leaves out from between shrubs or plants that are spaced only 12" apart, and then go back to regular raking in the wide open lawn, this rake can do both.
- How many trash bags will I need? The 8:1 mulching ratio of the vacuum/shredder means that 1 bag of mulch will be the equivalent of 8 bags of leaves. A rough planning factor that you can use to estimate how many bags you'll need is 700 sqft per 44-gallon trash bag. If unsure how many bags you'll need, err on the high side. You won't be charged for unused bags that are turned back in.
- How long does the leaf blower battery last? The battery included with the leaf blower add-on is a 7.5 amp-hour battery that can provide upwards of 90 minutes of continuous run time on the leaf blower's "low" setting. Utilizing more blower force would obviously reduce the battery's expected run time. The extra battery add-on is an identical 7.5 amp-hour battery. The battery charger is a rapid charger that can recharge the battery in 60 minutes.