Tiller / Cultivator
Tiller retails for ~$640 plus tax. Rent it from us for as little as $42.
- MANTIS Mini-Tiller/Cultivator
- 4-cycle 35cc super-quiet Honda gas-powered engine (no mixing of gas and oil required)
- Tilling width: 16 inches
- Tilling depth: up to 10 inches (or reverse tines to shallow cultivate 2"-3")
- Uniquely designed curvy tines allow for tilling in even the hardest soil
- Easy to handle, weighing just 34 pounds
- Soft, sure-grip handles for supreme comfort and maximum wrist comfort
- Comes with full gas tank but you do NOT have to return it full
Landscape Rake - 36"
Landscape Rake - 15.75"
Looking for Full Service?
Frequently Asked Questions (if your question is not addressed here, check the bottom of the home page)
- Is a deposit required prior to the start of this service? There are some unfortunate realities to modern society that we need to protect ourselves from, so we do require a $200 pre-authorization on a credit or debit card of your choosing. This is simply a hold on that account, but no money is actually withdrawn. Upon completion of service, that hold will be removed and you'll pay using your preferred means (cash, venmo, debit, or credit).
- How long does it take to till? There could be a million answers to this. We'd definitely recommend giving yourself more time than you think you'll need. Depending on soil conditions, rototilling will be FAR superior to tilling by hand with a rake, shovel, hoe or whatever, but it can still be a somewhat physically taxing chore. So you may want to build in time for breaks. A tilling speed of between 8 and 20 square feet per minute is a rough estimate that can be used, but understand that what you experience could vary from this considerably (likely on the high side).
- Whose responsibility is the gas? We deliver the tiller to you with a full gas tank. You do NOT need to refill it when you are finished with it, but If you run out of gas during your appointment then that would be your responsibility. We use 100% ethanol free gas and we hope that you would too, though we recognize that we have no way of controlling that. If you are unable to refill it with ethanol free gas, then the highest octane you are capable of would be appreciated. The quality of the gas really does have a huge impact on the health of this particular engine.
- Do I have to clean it when I finish? No. We'll take care of that. If you were to hose down the blades after finishing, that'd certainly be helpful, but part of our value proposition is saving you the 15-20 minutes that it takes us to clean it after each appointment.